We may collect, use or disclose personal information without consent:
· When permitted or required by law;
· In an emergency that threatens someone's life, health, or personal security;
· If the information is already publicly known;
· When we require legal advice from a lawyer;
· For the purposes of collecting a debt or to protect you and us from fraud;
· To law enforcement authorities or government agencies, if we are validly required to by law;
· In connection with a change of control transaction; and/or
· For other reason that is permitted by law.
What information do we collect?
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your electronic device, including typical information like your web browser, IP address and domain used to access our Site, the type and version of your browser, time zone, individual web page browsing activity or products you view, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. We also collect information about websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you engage with us on the Site. We use this information to monitor our Site's performance (such as number of visits, average time spent, page views) and for our business purposes such as working to continually upgrade our Site to provide you with a better experience the next time that you visit it.
We may place what's called a "cookie" on your computer to track your visit so that we can give you a better experience the next time that you visit our Site. Cookies are small data files that are placed on your device or computer through your web browser that can only be read by the website that placed the cookie. Cookies include an anonymous unique identifier that allows us to identify you and to record your preferences, track your visit so we can better understand your needs.
1. Notify you prior to a website placing a cookie on your hard drive so that you can decide whether or not to accept the cookie;
2. Automatically prevent the placing of a cookie on your hard drive.
We may use similar technology such as pixels, tags or web beacons to record information about how you browse the Site.
We may collect personal information from and/or about you for the purpose of registering you as a client of Muskoka Grown, for providing information to you about Muskoka Grown, for providing Services to you as a Muskoka Grown client or otherwise and for purposes relating to billing and administration, including:
· your name and contact information (address, telephone number and email address);
· your date of birth and gender;
· insurance coverage and payment information, if applicable;
· information in connection with the products or Services you inquire about or purchase from us; and;
· other information as necessary to maintain our business relationship with you, such as information related to your preferences, feedback and information requested by or provided to you.
Muskoka Grown will generally collect personal information directly from you so that you know what personal information you are giving us. However, sometimes your personal information may be held by a third party in which case we will seek your express consent, or rely on your implied consent, before obtaining your personal information from any third party.
Sometimes we will take information that has been collected and remove anything that could be used to personally identify you. We will remove any possible personal information so that the data cannot be used to identify you. This data is no longer personal information. We may use this type of data to measure trends, Site performance, category improvements, etc.
How do we use your personal information?
As we mentioned above, Muskoka Grown will use your personal information to provide information and Services to you.
If you want to receive marketing communications from Muskoka Grown, we may use your contact information to send you general updates regarding Muskoka Grown news, special offers and promotions that we think you'll find exciting! You can decide not to receive these updates at any time by following the opt-out instructions in the communication.
If you want to be a Muskoka Grown client and register with us to be your licensed producer of medical cannabis, we will use your personal information to register you as a client, for general billing purposes, and to provide you with information and Services, to help us better understand your needs and to provide you with Services. For example, we may use your personal information to:
· register you as a client of Muskoka Grown;
· fill orders made online and answer your questions;
· create and manage our client relationship with you;
· distribute medical cannabis to you;
· provide you with information about our products and Services that you might be interested in;
· recommend products or Services on our Site by providing customized content on our Site or sending you information;
· obtain and process payments for medical cannabis dispensed to you, which may include the provision of necessary information to a third-party payment processor; and/or
· seek reimbursement from your insurer for your purchases.
How do we disclose your personal information?
Like many websites, we share your personal information with third parties, such as Google Analytics, so that we can make improvements to our Site and make it easier for you to use in the future.
Muskoka Grown may also share your personal information with your healthcare provider(s) or insurance company and anyone that you designate as having authority to collection such information that we have about you.
As outlined in our Social Media Policy , by posting or sharing any material to our social media pages or accounts, or by tagging us in content, you grant Muskoka Grown the right to use and distribute such content in any and all media or distribution methods.
We will not sell your personal information unless you expressly agree that we can do so.
We will always try to make sure that your personal information is accurate and complete at all times. If you want to check, you can ask us for a copy of the personal information that we have about you, and ask us to correct the personal information that we have about you to make sure that it is accurate and complete. You must ask us in writing (by email or letter) and give us enough information about yourself so that we know we are corresponding with the correct person and to know what you want to have corrected. We may give you access to your personal information through a healthcare provider which may help you to understand the information. Administrative charges may apply.
We are committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. To do this, we may use passwords, encryption, firewalls, restricted employee access or other methods so that we can keep your information safe, as we have to do in our opinion to keep it safe and the way that other companies do as well. We will use appropriate security measures when destroying your personal information such as shredding documents or deleting electronically stored information, as we think will best destroy your information so that it cannot be accessed by others.
[Your personal information may be processed by third party information technology, data and payment processing and other service providers who are engaged by us to provide services to us or on our behalf, including SquareSpace (our website provider), MailChimp, Square (payment processing services) and Google Analytics. Such third parties may be located outside of Canada, including in the United States. As a result, your personal information may be collected, used, processed, stored and/or disclosed in a jurisdiction other than Canada and understand that it may potentially be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction. However, in the event that foreign law enforcement and/or national security authorities request your personal information, it shall only be provided in strict accordance with the law and subject to all required legal permissions.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your personal information only as long as we have to so that we can continue to use the information for the reasons that you gave us your information. We may also keep your personal information longer for a legal or business purpose, as we are allowed to do under law.
The Site is not intended for anyone under the age of majority, based on the province that they live in.
Or contact us by mail at:
Muskoka Grown Ltd
ATTN: Privacy Officer
P.O. Box 182
440 Ecclestone Drive, Unit C5